Wednesday, June 18, 2014

outfit of the day: daisies

two weekends ago, my best friend, emily, and i took a voyage a couple towns over to a cute little festival where they have like, art vendors and food vendors and whatnot. my area has a lot of these kind of festivals, and i usually avoid them because OH MY GOD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, but this is actually the second one i've been to this year (the first one was the maaaaajor one for my city, as in literally it is famous, and i had to take "boy" because he's lived in the area for like, his whole life and he's never been, like what are you doing "boy"?). we didn't stay very long, and then we took an accidental trip to get her ears pierced and then went to a playground, and basically you can read about the experience over on her blog riiiiiight here.

the real reason i agreed to go was a perfect excuse to look real cute, because, to be honest, i don't get out much so i don't get many of those. i buy a lot of cute summer clothes, and then i have to wear them to like, walk my dog, which is a less than ideal situation for wearing cute clothes, because i only see old people and children (except these really cute guys who live on my street, and if they ever found out how cute i think they are i would die of embarrassment. i actually have no idea how old they are, but there are two equally quick ways to navigate my neighborhood to get to my house, and emily always takes the way past their house to get there because they're actually that cute) also walking their dogs.



basically this is me pretending to play on a playground, pretending i'm a model (i have no modeling experience if you cannot tell by how awkward i am). excuse my glowing white legs. my shirt is from forever 21 and was in my haul yesterday, and it is amazing and comfortable and soft and such high quality for an 8 dollar shirt from forever 21, let's be real. it's not even see through, which shocked and astonished me. my skort (hell yeah skorts) is from target and can be seen in my haul here. i've got some hella old shoes on from payless (they're actually from like tenth grade, don't judge me, i bought them when my family went to puerto rico and i needed nice sandals to wear to restaurants), and i bought my cute little yellow crossbody bag from marshalls, but it's definitely like, an isaac mizrahi purse, and one time in physics lab some boys (including "boy" himself) made fun of me regarding it and i'm still not really sure why. 

you can't see it in this picture, but in the pictures below, you can see my little triangle necklace that actually cost like, $2.80, MAYBE, from forever 21. you can, however, see the heart bracelet that i used to wear as an anklet when i was like, 8, and one of those wonderful, wonderful hair ties that don't leave kinks in your hair (mine is from urban outfitters, and i probably bought it to get free shipping).

i don't know, i was pretty pumped about this outfit, which was why i made emily take me to a playground to take pictures of me in it, and then we stood at the top of the slide and camwhored. ready? 



um okay bye,
kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment