Saturday, June 28, 2014

101 in 1001

if you've never heard of the day zero project, before you read this post, you may want to take a quick trip over to their website just to find out about the idea behind the project i'm currently working on. i'm not going to explain to you why 101 in 1001 and why not bucket lists or new years resolutions, because literally, it's all explained on their website. 


if you've heard of it, those two silly and similar numbers in the post title are probably looking pretty familiar to you, and it probably instantly clicked in your head ("ah, another one of these, damn it", maybe was your exact thought, but yes, another one of these!). my best friend decided to start on her day zero project recently and it made me remember the not one, but two abandoned day zero projects i had begun (one of them was shamefully recent, but i just wasn't interested in like, half of the goals anymore, so it seemed to make more sense to me to just start fresh). 

so two days after she posted hers, i started mine. i set the start date as the day i even conceived the idea to start, without even completing the list first. i thought, this is more genuine this way. so all of my dates i'm about to list were taken from her, and we're going to pray she calculated them all right, otherwise i'm either giving myself too much time or stealing precious time from myself, because i just added two days to everything. i had to wait to post it until i had completed my list, so here we are, a little over a week later. 


Start Date: June 19, 2014
250 Days: February 24, 2015
500 Days: November 1, 2015
750 Days: July 8, 2016
End Date: March 16, 2017

everything that is in bold is completed. anything in italics is in progress. dates of completion will follow completed tasks. anything that requires more information (maybe a what or a how many complete so far) will be listed. i'll try to keep this updated at least once a week, but no promises. 

1. come up with 101 ideas for my list (june 24, 2014)
2. save 10 dollars per goal completed (30/1010)
3. amend my list at 250 days
4. amend my list at 500 days
5. amend my list at 750 days
6. use futureme.org to send a letter to myself for the end of this experience (june 24, 2014)
7. send 5 birthday cards
8. buy someone a present just because it makes me think of them
9. cook a meal with someone
10. go on a romantic date
11. go on a double date (emily i’m looking at you)
12. kiss in the rain
13. find emily the greatest graduation gift ever (since she’ll be graduating about a month after this ends)
14. make a new friend (clearly i have huge ambitions since i only want to make one friend)
15. fall in love
16. make my own cookbook
17. bake a loaf of bread
18. make cannolis
19. make cinnamon rolls with emily
20. make doughnuts
21. go to a new restaurant
22. make popsicles (june 25, 2014)
23. make a pie on pi day
24. visit emily in ann arbor
25. go to the drive-in
26. go to the zoo
27. go mini golfing
28. go tiny towning
29. go to new york city
30. go stargazing
31. go to an amusement park
32. attend a concert
33. go to a sporting event
34. attend a festival
35. fly a kite
36. make flower crowns
37. sew something
38. knit a cardigan
39. knit a pair of socks
40. chalk my hair
41. build a blanket fort
42. crochet a granny square blanket
43. knit someone an ugly christmas sweater
44. sew a quilt
45. build a snowman
46. build a gingerbread house
47. make a collage
48. create a self portrait
49. buy sexy lingerie (no shame)
50. buy a watch
51. become the proud owner of a stationary set
52. get my belly button pierced
53. own a pair of hunter boots
54. buy an ipad
55. tip 100%
56. buy super mario 64 and beat it
57. get new glasses
58. get prescription sunglasses
59. buy a bathing suit that i actually like
60. get my driver’s license
61. graduate from college
62. quit biting my nails
63. make my bed every day for a month
64. nighttime yoga every day for a month
66. morning yoga every day for a month
67. learn spanish from duolingo
68. read 101 books (4/101)
69. learn the state capitals
70. learn the united states presidents in order
71. learn to drive on the highway
72. complete the 30 day squat challenge
73. get my first real job (as in, babysitting doesn’t count)
75. keep a daily journal for at least a month
76. spend an entire week without checking facebook
77. get into grad school
78. read every book a single author has written
79. open a new checking account
80. do something spontaneous
81. moisturize every night for a month
82. read the old testament
83. read the new testament
84. keep up with my planner for an entire school year
85. get my goodreads “to read” shelf down to 100 books (255/100)
86. get my ravelry account up to date
87. do a full clean out of my clothes and shoes
88. get my computer’s files completely organized
89. organize my yarn
90. watch 10 tv shows on my list
91. make ten playlists
92. rewatch all of gossip girl
93. grow a cactus or a mini bonsai in my room
94. record a cover of a song
95. watch all the star wars movies
96. beat story mode on at least one mario party game
97. teach penny a new trick

(since i'm doing this project for me, not for the blog, there are a few goals i just am not comfortable sharing publicly on the internet, you know?) 
98. private
99. private
100. private
101. private

um okay bye,
kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment