Saturday, June 7, 2014

baby haul: jawbreaking and target


i have a confession to make. i maybe like shopping too much. but the other side of my struggle is that i like having money too much, so it ends up balancing out to a healthy amount of buying and saving. thank god that i love counting money is all i'm saying. 

aaaaaaanyway, last thursday i impulsively did a little online shopping in the fifteen minutes before i needed to leave my house, and i am now 130 some odd dollars poorer. oops. i'm still waiting for my forever 21 order to come (it'll probably be here by the time this post goes up, though... oops), but the shirts i ordered from jawbreaking came on tuesday, coincidentally the same day my sister needed to go to target to get some new shoes for a job interview and... wellllllll.... let's just say i'm now more like 170 dollars poorer. 

i'm actually slightly ashamed to admit i spent 30 dollars on the "don't know don't care" t shirt from jawbreaking, but i have been obsessively checking the website approximately 5 days a week for approximately two months waiting for it to be in stock again, and when it finally was, i was not missing out. 

that shirt, and the "overdressed" shirt (also from jawbreaking, but this one was on sale for only 20 dollars heck yeah!), are literally the softest shirts i've ever owned in my entire life. i want to live my whole life in them. my only complaints are that the "overdressed" one is a little see-through (or, well, maybe it's because i tried it on with a hot pink bra under it. yeah. maybe that one was my fault) aaaaaaaand that their t-shirts don't come in xs. come on, jawbreaking, when you're selling unisex tees, you gotta think of the tiny girls. literally everyone hates this complaint in the world, but it's a real problem. i don't like buying the smallest size possible and still slightly swimming in my clothes. 

nothing some tucking and tying up can't fix, though. 

since i'm unorthodox, i obviously just went bottom to top, and now i'm going right to left, #sorrynotsorry. the other side of the image is my target purchases (i also bought some pepper jack cheese sticks, but i figured you could live without seeing those), both of which were priced at a delightful $17.99.

the black thing is not yoga pants, but instead the world's softest black maxi skirt with a yoga pants waist and it is extremely comfortable. they didn't have an extra small at my target unfortunately (story of my life, apparently), so it's a little loose at the waist, but some appropriate styling will make it work out just fine. you gotta do what you gotta do to get soft and cute clothes. 

aaand if you didn't anticipate this after yesterday's post, the last thing is a skort. a cute little daisy print skort. yes i am in fifth grade, yes this saves me from wearing spandex under everything, yes this makes it so i can wear a really short skirt without worrying about flashing my butt and my lady bits to every person within a fifty foot radius of me. again, they only had a small (seriously... so much the story of my life that it hurts), but it's an elastic waist meaning it's not actually too big. i am so obsessed with this skort. they definitely had them in other prints, and i am definitely thinking about going back and buying more. 

anticipate seeing most of these clothes eventually in outfit of the day posts and probably anticipate another haul of my forever21 purchases (well, hopefully. because. well, hopefully they actually fit and are cute and great). 

um okay bye,
kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment